Cluster Confluence and standlone confluence Database Diffrence.

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

Hi All,

Does any one point me what is diffrence between Cluster Confluence Database and Standlone confluence Database.

my client has cluster confluence instance. now they are shifted to standlone confluence.

but we have refreshed Database from cluster instance.

does any one suggest me what is database diffrence between Cluster and Standlone confluence instance?

please let me know your suggection's.

regard's

tousif shaikh.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Hi Tousif,
The primary difference is that the attachments can only be stored in the database for clustered. When switching to standalone we can change the location to a file system but this is not required. Also, the connection to the database for clustered is set as a datasource in the server.xml file. This too can be chanegd when moving to standalone but is not required (the other optiob being ot establish a JDBC connection in the confluence.cfg.xml file. After that there are some tables used by clustering that will no longer be used in standalone mode but this too requires no action.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events