Cloud versions - JIRA Issues Macro: Permission Denied, for Confluence-Only users

David Wilson November 6, 2014

We have JIRA and Confluence (Cloud versions... formerly OnDemand).  Most of our organization uses Confluence, but only the Developers use JIRA (Agile).  

However, the Confluence users do need read-only access to JIRA issues info, mostly to see reporting on general state of the issues the Developers are working on.

We wanted to include the JIRA Issues Macro on a Confluence page that the rest of the organization can look at to see the issues we're currently working on in a Sprint (and their status), or the issues that are still in the Backlog (and their rank).

However, non-JIRA users get permission denied on the Macro.  I've looked online, and for non-cloud versions, you can define the authentication type so that you can define the credentials that the macro runs under.  How do we do this with Confluence Cloud?  I have no problems using a JIRA license for read-only abilities to issues, but I need the ability to define the context for the JIRA Issues Macro.

To me, this is basic functionality that I believe most companies need.  What is the solution?

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2014

This subsequent posting appears to be similar:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11441646

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events