Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Migration Assistant - Couldn’t check for invalid email addresses

John McMahon July 27, 2022

After updating the Cloud Migration Assistant, It now fails with the following errors and I cannot continue.

"We couldn’t check for invalid email addresses"

"We found an unexpected error and couldn’t complete the check. You can run the migration but it may fail and you will need to manually check for errors."

Also 

"We couldn’t check for duplicate email addresses"

The 'Next' Button is greyed out and I cant continue.

We are running Confluence 7.72

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Frank Durante May 16, 2023

Was there a resolve to this?  We are experiencing the exact same issue using Confluence 9.7.1 and the error I am seeing in the logs is:

error An error occurred when checking for invalid emails for cloudId: <<<TAKEN OUT>>>
-- checkExecutionId: <<<TAKEN OUT>>>
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.migration.agent.okhttp.HttpServiceException: Unauthorized

However, I checked and made sure the entire file structure for confluence and application-data is the correct user and group: confluence:confluence

Can someone please help?

0 votes
David Bellingroth February 21, 2023

We have the same problem while trying to migrate from Confluence Server 7.2.1 to the cloud version:

confluence_error_1.jpg

@John McMahon were you able to fix your problem?

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

Hello @John McMahon ,

Have you checked your server logs to see if there are any errors?

John McMahon July 27, 2022

Nothing really useful, except a few lines similar to below..

WARNING: A sub-resource method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response com.atlassian.migration.agent.rest.CloudResource.getSites(), with URI template, "/", is treated as a resource method

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events