Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m crashes displaying Confluence pages with Gliffy Diagrams

Viewing page 2 of 2

35 answers

0 votes
Maciek Brynski September 9, 2015

Same here.

Confluence: 5.7

Gliffy 6.7.0

Chrome version  45.0.2454.85 m

Tri Nguyen September 10, 2015

fasdfas

0 votes
Mikael Kuisma September 8, 2015

Same thing here also. After updated to gliffy 6.7.1 chrome crashes every time when page has gliffy diagram.

Chrome ver. 45.0.2454.85 m

Confluence 5.7.0

Gliffy 6.7.1

A temporary workaround is clearing in chrome privacy settings: plugin data, cached files and hosted app data. Though problem will occur again in 1-3hours after doing this.

0 votes
Christian Reiter September 8, 2015

Can confirm that it happens here as well.

Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m 
Confluence 5.8.8
Gliffy Plugin 6.7.0

0 votes
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

Same here.

After upgrade to gliffy 6.7.1 it crashes with chrome 45.0

Also with old and new confluence versions!

The activation of incognito mode or developer tools in chrome help to load the page without crash.

0 votes
Wolf Wolzenburg September 8, 2015

Same here

Confluence 5.8.9

Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85

Gliffy 6.7.1

Chrome Crashes whenever a page with gliffy  is loaded 

Wolf Wolzenburg October 1, 2015

Using Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m the pages did not crash anymore.

tkYoshida October 1, 2015

Editing exist some gliffy macros and adding second gliffy macro does not crush anymore! But adding first gliffy macro in a page is still crush. Confluence v5.5.7 Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m Gliffy v6.7.1

0 votes
Henrik Siiskonen September 7, 2015

Hi,

Having the same problem with pages that have Gliffy diagrams and also with Gliffy editor.

• Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m
  • Confluence Version 5.5.6
  • Gliffy 6.7.1
0 votes
M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2015

We just had reports that the Gliffy editor appears to crash Chrome as well. There is no workaround for that ...

0 votes
Lee Macdonald September 7, 2015

Same deal, and I removed the Gliffy diagrams to resolve the issue proving fault with the diagrams (or something in Chrome that doesn't like them).

Details:

• Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m
  • Confluence Version 5.7.1
  • I don't have access to the Gliffy version right now

Loading a page in Chrome gives a short period of one second, maybe two, while the page loads. Once the Gliffy image loads, the page crashes.

Now I've written all this, it's working again. None of the computers were rebooted or updated in this period, so I believe the issue was 100% offsite (for us). 

Lee Macdonald September 9, 2015

It still happens in some cases. We found: - A temporary workaround is clearing in chrome privacy settings: plugin data, cached files and hosted app data. -Editing a Gliffy diagram still crashes on Chrome when opening the diagram editor. I'm not sure if the above works in this case. -We deactivated HTML5 compatibility as the code does not use the latest Google/Chrome libraries. This seemed to work in some cases.

0 votes
justin.richards@bluepackets.com.au September 7, 2015

We're seeing this today after upgrading to 6.7.1 of Gliffy. We had also updated Scroll Office and Team Calendars.

Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m

Confluence 5.7.3

Gliffy Version: 6.7.1

We had previously had issues with "Aw, Snap!" messages due to the "Confluence Chat" addon, but this is disabled currently.

0 votes
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2015

Hi M.S.!

I tried to reproduce this with the same version of Chrome and Confluence, but was not able to. This seems really specific... Do you have any other plugins you suspect of? Have you tried running Chrome with the extensions disabled?

Thanks,

-- Bruno

joeycorea September 8, 2015

Please note that if you are using Chrome on a non-Windows platform OR have Chrome developer tools engaged, the bug will not happen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events