• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Child pages don't seem to have the same formatting available as a space page

Hi, I am able to access all formatting normally in my space page:

image.png

but when i create child pages under that space page, I only get this formatting:

image.png

Am I doing something wrong? I have no way to move page layout panels or set it to a single panel.

Let me know. Thanks

5 answers

0 votes

It looks like you have not clicked the "layout" button on the child page editor.  It is hidden by default.  Note the blue highlight around the button on the first screenshot, and that it is not highlighted on the second.

Hi,  thanks for the response. When I click on the button that exists on the child page similar to the space page, it simply puts the blue highlight around the panel layout as shown in the second screenshot.

Not sure where this "hidden" button is?

The first screenshot shows a layout bar that is hidden until you toggle it on with the button that is highlighted in solid blue - the highlight is there when that menu is shown, the button is a toggle.

In the second screenshot, the highlight is not there, so you have not clicked it to show the layout bar (so the bar remains hidden)

Please be patient with me :), but when I click on the layout button, it simply adds a new layout panel without toggling anything on or off. What you see in screenshot 2 is what I get.

I just joined two days ago so I'm using whatever Cloud version is most current. Perhaps that is where we are disconnected?

What I'm saying is that the edit features in screenshot 1 (which is my space page) are what i'm expecting, but a child page edit doesn't provide the same edit options.

I'm sorry, I forget that the new editor has removed the functions for moving sections up and down. 

Sections have effectively gone away on Cloud.  What you get now is "layouts" which are "simplified" down from sections.  Annoyingly, you can't move them around any more as they're not really sections.  You have to insert things between them, the old clunky word-processing way.

You're missing a button for "single column", because a single column section is no different to plain body text.

Yeah that makes sense, but what doesn't make sense is that the older functionality of being able to move sections around is still there for a space page, but not a child page.

Weird

Thanks, I can work around that.

Ah, that's not because it's a space page, it's because it's a page that existed before the new editor was installed on your instance.

Existing pages will continue to use the old editor, with sections.  New pages will be created and edited with the new thing, layouts.

You've reminded me to dig up https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65581 and vote on it!

When I created a cloud account this past Friday night, it gave me a pre-populated space page which I simply modified and I didn't start with a new space page.

So your comment about  the page being created with the old editor is probably true since my situation mimics that. The new editor however, takes functionality away. I should be able to have text flow along in a single panel, rather than the default of two. And taking away the Move Up / Move Down is really something useful that was removed.

Workaround in my case is to simply make copies of the space page and I have the editor I want in my child pages now.

Thanks for your support!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

494 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you