Character broken in confluence.

pengyu hui November 12, 2012

Help Me ~~

Fonts/Characters are wrong rendered in my confluence.(reference following images)

The confluence is installed on CentOS6.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2012

Hi Perry,

What version of Confluence are you using? I asked around, and this might be a known bug of Confluence. Please tell me what version of Confluence you are using, so that I can check with the bug report to see if it is related

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The version is 4.2.8.

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Perry

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hi Perry,

May I know if the characters are still broken even after you save the edit? If it's not broken after you save it, then I suspect that you are facing this bug : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23595

Cheers,

Joe

pengyu hui November 18, 2012

Yes, its the same bug -- in edit mode the Macro Title's characters are broken.

If saved the edit, all the characters are alright. In other words, if the characters be rendered with normal HTML page are alright. If the characters be rendered in image or flash are broken(The MacroTitle is a image in edit mode).

Refer to the first picture.

The second picture is about the bug in ppt, like the following bugs:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25408

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16712

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2012

Hi Perry,

If it only occurs when you are editing, then it is indeed the bug which I mentioned. In that case, it is supposed to be fixed in Confluence 4.3. I would recommend that you upgrade to that version as soon as possible in order to fix this bug.

As for the other 2 bugs, it seems that they are set as Major and Critical, hence they should be fixed soon. However, I'm not able to provide you with a solid date, as this is in the hands of the developers.

I would recommend that you watch and comment on the bug tickets to give your opinion and receive further updates.

Cheers,

Joe

pengyu hui November 18, 2012

Hi, Joe

Thanks for your patience!

But I'm very sorry to tell you that I upgraded the version to 4.3.2 already, but it's still not working...

T_T, I totally crashed...

I decide to close this question and follow the bug issues.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Perry :)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Are you using Mysql? Its implementation of UTF-8 is not comprehensive, apparently 6byte UTF-8 chars are not supported. If you're using Postgres, you can rule out the database at least.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2012

Hi,

Have you also checked the Tomcat URI encoding according to this article?

Cheers,

Peter

pengyu hui November 13, 2012

Thanks Peter,

I had checked the Tomcat URI encoding, It's already be set as the article correctly.

Cheers,

Perry

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2012

Hi Perry,

Could you check the encoding of your database and see whether or not it is set to UTF-8? I suspect that this is caused by the encoding. Please also check this article : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Troubleshooting+Character+Encodings

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for helping me. But this answer cann't resolve my problem.

I checked my settings, the encoding is alright. It's fine when displayed in HTML pages.

But bad happens when rendering with ".ppt Macro" (or shown in MacroEditor's TitleBar), like the attachment imge.

Some people said that its caused by "missing Font files", I think that is the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2012

So it only happens in the Macros? Hmm, I'm not quite sure about the missing Font files...but when using the usual features (typing them in the page, etc) it shows up fine?

Yes, in normal page its fine.

PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2012

Hey, Did you also check the Tomcat URI encoding as of this article?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events