Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing text in child pages of a certain page in Confluence using the CLI

Maarten van Hees June 7, 2012

Hello!

I'm migrating an old wiki system to a Confluence system and i'm very happy with the standard possibilities Confluence offers. But i've run into a problem while migrating lots of similiar articles.

I have migrated a list of function descriptions into Confluence and now i wish to add a quick links bar to each of these function description articles. First i looked for a macro or plugin of any kind, but no dice. Next i tried the Confluence CLI to make a batch find and replace thing, but i can't get it to work.

I am certain i can achieve want i want with the CLI. I can change a single article just fine, but i will need some kind of query to select all child pages of an article, i've seen an example wich changes everything in a space, but thats not specific enough for me. I'm not familiar enough with the querying mechanism to force anything out of it, so any suggestion is very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

modifyPage action can be used to do the modification and How to automate adding text to Confluence pages shows how to do this across a selection of pages. The latter requires access to the database which you do not have with OnDemand. So, you will need to do something similar using the runFromPageList action which can select direct children or all descendents from a specific page.

Maarten van Hees June 10, 2012

Awesome, thanks for your answer! I will check it out today.

Maarten van Hees June 10, 2012

Thank you very much Bob, this is exactly what i need. Saves me a lot of time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events