Changing an image to a link or vise versa

Recently, some of my users have added a link to a page and then tried to change that link to show as an image, but there has not been the functionality to do so. Previously, when users went into the Edit mode, then hovered over the image or link they would see an option to change the image to a link. Now, they are not seeing that on some links (not all.)  Has anyone else ran in to this issue?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rachael,

To change an image to link to a page, you just need to hover over the image, and select Link from the image properties toolbar:

You can undo this by hovering over the image again, and click Unlink

There is not a way to change a text link to be an image link or to change an image link to be a text link, you'd just have to redo the link.

Since you recall that this functioned differently in the past, could you let me know what version you remember this happening in? I've tested going back to Confluence 5.8 and the behavior is the same.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

554 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you