Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Pages to Spaces

Nigel Allen December 9, 2019

Greetings

We have created a space in confluence called "Clients" under which we have multiple pages for both clients and their subsidiary companies. Here is what it currently looks like:

Clients

• ClientA
    • ClientA Subsidiary-1
    • ClientA Subsidiary -2
  • Client B
    • ClientB Subsidiary-1
  • Client C

What we now want (and need) to do is to remove the "Clients" space and convert all the collections of Client[A-Z] documents to spaces in their own right.

Can someone point me towards the least-painful way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance

Nigel.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Answering my own question:

• Create a new space named ClientA
  • Move all the pages (and child pages) to the new space
  • Change the home page of the client from ClientA Home to ClientA
1 vote
Markus Raab December 9, 2019

Hi Nigel,

I remember I also had to re-structure quite a lot in the past and it is painful if this is not possible easily. Quite often I spent so many hours figuring out how to do something "fancy" that I totally missed that I would have finished the job manually already a long time ago.

Perhaps it is good to estimate how much time it takes to run the job manually before digging deep and getting lost. I do not know it at the top of my head how to do this fastest / fully automated, but you could split the task and workaround as well:

1. Copy template space
  2. Move pages inclusive sub-pages

I used the Space Admin app once and was quite happy with it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214087/space-admin-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Cheers

Markus

Thanks for the input Markus. Discovered too late that the Space Admin only works with Server - not the Cloud version.

I did have more luck though following these steps.

• Create a new space named ClientA
  • Move all the pages (and child pages) to the new space
  • Change the home page of the client from ClientA Home to ClientA

Everything worked! My fault - the first time around I did not realise that you can change the home page and as you type you are offered multiple choices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events