Changing Overall Confluence Web Address

Andrew Smith July 5, 2020

How do I change the overall confluence web address? Currently, it is:

originalname.atlassian.net

And I need to change it to:

newname.atlassian.net

I need this to be updated across all pages. The documentation says I need to contact support, and this is the only method I have for doing so. 

This relates to this page, where the customer was able to change the web address on a free plan by posting.

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hello Andrew,

The form that @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core] shared is only for site admins and primary contacts of Standard and Premium offerings, but since you're a Confluence Cloud Free site admin, you were correct to raise your ticket here.

I've gone ahead and raised your request in our system, and we will begin the process of determining your site eligibility for URL change. Please check your email for updates on that.

We’ve recently released the first iteration of being able to rename your cloud site. To see if you qualify, start by contacting support. Our team will then review the eligibility criteria prior to triggering your rename. In preparation for a site rename, please do not attempt to reserve your preferred name by signing up for a new site. This creates extra complexity in the process and will prolong the time required before your site can successfully be renamed. Additionally, please note that the site rename process reserves the original cloud URL for historical reference and does not release it to be used again.

Learn more.

If it is later determined that our support team isn't able to help with your site rename, you can still follow the steps in the article Changing the cloud instance URL address or migrating to a new cloud instance.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll be in touch shortly!

Shannon

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

You can raise a ticket to Atlassian support through this URL 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders