Changes on a Confluence site disappear while editing

Sebastian Pichler January 3, 2022

Hello, 

while i'm editig a Confluence site, changes on the text of the site disappear and i need to do the same changes again.

The text on the site is from a Word import.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Susan OConnor October 16, 2023

I am experiencing this as well in Edge.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Sebastian Pichler 

Apparently, if you have some HTML Content this is the reason for text to disappear.

Can you try adding the content manually to a new page instead of importing it from Word and then editing it

Thanks,
Pramodh

Sebastian Pichler January 3, 2022

Hey @Pramodh M 

The text is not the problem, if i put some spaces between the text or if i change the color of the text to green or anything like that for example, the spaces disappear and the text is black again.

Dave Hollinden June 23, 2022

I have the same/similar problem. It's intermittent, so it's difficult to trace any particular steps to reproduce it. 

I typically have multiple confluence pages open in various Chrome tabs. I open a page for editing, add text and make edits for ~1 minute, and then right before my eyes the work I've done disappears and the page reverts to the same state it was in when I first opened it for editing. 

None of my teammates (we're all Confluence admins) have experienced the problem. 

Thanks, 

Dave

Like # people like this
Kimberly Onnen May 2, 2023

I have this happening too! This is happening in Edge for me. This is very frustrating. 

Like Susan OConnor likes this
Penny Boulet March 26, 2024

This happens to me as well in Chrome. I can add new text to a page or a new row to a table and sometimes even some text in one of the new cells in that new row. Then the update vanishes. A second try of the exact same update has so far always worked. This happens on multiple different pages too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events