Changes of user data after directory synchronization activity are assigned to a random users activity stream

Manuel Kummerländer February 25, 2015

Hi,

recently I noticed that sometimes a user has many user change activities in his/her activity stream on the profile page. I guess that these changes are made by the user directory synchronization job and I guess further, that this synchronization has some bugs in the logging functionality. It seems that the changes made by the sync are in any way assigned to one (random?) user so that this one user has all the changes in the activity stream.

Does anybody has ever heard about that? Is this the result of some wrong configuration? How can I handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Manuel 

2 answers

0 votes
Manuel Kummerländer March 2, 2015

Hi @Rodrigo Adami,

I would like to specify a bit what I noticed, maybe the problem becomes a bit clearer.

When I call the activity stream of a user

/plugins/recently-updated/changes.action?theme=sidebar&pageSize=10&startIndex=80&searchToken=536522&authors=johndoe&spaceKeys=*&contentType=-mail,page,comment,blogpost,attachment,userinfo,spacedesc,personalspacedesc,status,space,draft,custom

I get a long list of changes of users like this one:

<li class="update-item">
    <div class="update-item-icon">
    	<span class="icon content-type-userinfo"></span>
    </div>
    <div class="update-item-details">
    	<div>
        	<a href="/display/~janedoe" title="">Jane Doe</a>
        </div>
		<ul class="update-item-meta">
        	<li class="update-item-desc-and-date">Updated 2015-02-19</li>
        </ul>
	</div>
</li>

As I understand this means, that my user "johndoe" seems to be the author of the change of "janedoe", is that correct?

This can't be, cause johndoe is not able to change janedoe in any way. My conclusion is, that this has something to do with the LDAP sync and/or the indexing of these changes. If this happens the activity stream of the user is full of other users. This happens on-again-off-again and not always for the user "johndoe". It seems that "johndoe" is however randomly chosen.

Do you have an idea where I can look and for what? Could this have to do with the indexing?

Regards,
Manuel

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

Hi Manuel,

I have not heard of such behavior before. The user sync should not change (migrate) the activities of one user to another one. Is there any error in logs regarding user activities? Are you able to replicate this behavior on a test environment?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events