Changed search behaviour with Confluence 6.14

Nicolas Kreft May 21, 2019

We have noticed, that the search behaviour has changed while upgrading from Confluence 6.10.2 to 6.15.4.

With Confiuence 6.10.2, when typing incomplete words into the search box in the upper right hand corner, we'd get results which we don't get with 6.15.4.

For example: We have  pages containing the word "sharepoint". In the old Confluence 6.10, we would get results as soon as we typed "sharep". In the new Confluence, we have to type "sharepoint" to get results.

Is this intended behaviour? Can this be configured somewhere so that the behaviour matches the old Confluence?

new-search.pngold-search.png

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

I don't like new search too.

Previously if I typed incomplete word in search field I got result grouped by categories. For example there are Page Titles, Attachments, Page Content and Space Name which contain same word in their names. If I just type part of that common name then search returns all that categories, i.e if I looked for Space then such Space(-s) is in search result, if I looked for Page then such Page(-s) in search result too.

Now I can't find Space quickly by their part name.

Nicolas Kreft May 24, 2019

Hi Pavel, thanks for chiming in.

I'm not sure yet which I like more, the old behaviour was sometimes unpredictable because (I think) the results would change based on what you have last edited or visited.

With the new search, that doesn't seem to be the case which is more consistent for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events