Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the From Name for email notifications

Alex Franks April 1, 2021

Short version: we need to stop Confluence from putting the user's name who made the change into the "Display Name" portion of the email address (ie "Display Name (Confluence)" <confluence@domain.atlassian.net>) - it's causing our email provider to mark these as phishing/spoofing.

There seems to be a fairly well-documented process in place for making this change in the Jira Cloud product, but as far as I can tell this is not possible in Confluence Cloud. For reference, this article (relevant to Confluence Server) covers the exact topic I'm interested in, but I don't see a similar article for the Cloud product.

Feel free to point me in the direction of an existing support/community post if one already exists as I didn't see any.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021
Alex Franks April 1, 2021

Thanks Vero. I added a comment to that thread as well for visibility. It seems odd to me that this is configurable in Jira but not Confluence. Also doesn't help that the link out from "Mail servers" section of the page linked by the Atlassian Support Engineer is now dead.

Like Vero Rivas likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events