Change confluence attachments directory

Hi,

The previous Confluence administrator put confluence's attachements to a local filesystem but we want to put them to a NFS directory.

Can I change attachments directory without making any mistake?

What about existing attachements ? what can i do ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You can't change the directory in more recent versions of Confluence (think it changed around 5.5).

But, yes, this is a standard thing to do - I usually stop Confluence, copy the existing attachments tree to the share, (re)move the attachments directory and then create a symbolic link to replace it.  Pointed at the share, Confluence can't tell the difference.

Another, similar trick is to mount the share into the file system as a directory.  For a unix-type box something like, "mount /dev/myshare /opt/jira/home/attachments".  In Windows, you can do the same with the disk manager I believe.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

447 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you