Change back to old editor (Pre Aug 2019)

Raymond August 9, 2019

The new editor has limited features and functions which the old editor can provide. I can't even properly resize my images and all.

Please, how to revert back to old editor.

2 answers

1 vote
Michał Gleba February 4, 2020

We also would like to use the old editor which is much more powerful than the new one.

We do not want to use the new editor.

How to switch back to the old one ? I'm not interested in any roadmap, Why ? - simply take a look at the roadmap table: the column "Legacy editor" is green from the top to the bottom, the "New editor" has half of functionalities of the old one.

I just would like to use a quite good tool I used to.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that you are having so much difficulty with the new editor. 

It's not possible to change back to the previous editor, but I'd like to help you with your concerns and any trouble you're having with the new editor.

It is currently possible to resize images in the new editor, but there is a bug where this isn't happening when the image is placed inside of a table.

The workaround is to resize the image outside of the table and then drag it into the cell as required.

If this is not the problem you were experiencing, could you let me know what trouble you're having resizing images?

If you find yourself missing any other specific features from the old editor, have a look here; we might be working on including that feature in the near future:

In addition, there's an open discussion with one of our Product Managers where you can provide your feedback. (Try out the new editing experience) You can also schedule 30 minutes of his time if you wish to talk with him 1:1.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Kira Resari April 28, 2020

We would also like the old editor back. A feature that I personally miss direly is the ability to add links to images. I used that a lot before in order to easily make custom buttons of sorts from images for category overviews. For example, in the knowledgebase we would have a nice big images with the logos of Docker, Java, Ubuntu etc... that made it a breeze to quickly find the right section, and clicking on the image itself simply opened that section.

Now what happens if I try to do the same thing, the best I can get is insert a link below the image, and the number of people who fall out of flow because they click on the image expecting it to link to that site - only to have the image suddenly fill the screen in an overlay that is difficult to get out of - is amazing. Notably, this even includes users who have never worked with the old system and intuitively expect the mages to be links.

This is a bad usability issue in Confluence. Please bring back the old editor. Everything was so wonderful there. Meanwhile, the new editor is only providing to be a world of nightmares never seen before.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events