Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a Space Homepage

bsjenkins April 3, 2014

I've somehow managed to orphan what was a spaces homepage. Now when I add the page tree to the sidebar I only get the default pages link but no sub pages. The actual pages are still there, but as I said orphaned. I'm thoroughly confused as to how this has happened but I think I accidentally moved the homepage to another space and then this happened when I moved it back.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

go to /<ourContextPath>/pages/reorderpages.action?key=<spaceKey>

there you can reorder your pages by drag'n'drop.

bsjenkins April 3, 2014

I've tried that but I get shown the page at the highest level. Some how this has disassociated itself from the sidebar page navigation in some way

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Yes, go to /yourContextPath>/spaces/viewspacesummary.action?key=<spaceKey> and change the Homepage to your desired page

bsjenkins April 3, 2014

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Deleted user September 18, 2014

This isn't an answer, just an observation. I was having a similar problem with a space's home page.  I deliberately changed a home page, but it wouldn't "take". It still showed the old one in the breadcrumbs.

It took me awhile to work out what was happening. I already knew the mechanics of doing it (i.e., using Steve's path of "/yourContextPath>/spaces/viewspacesummary.action?key=<spaceKey> "), but it wasn't working.

My problem was that I simply typed the name of the new home page. The dialog box appeared to accept it. The new home page name was displayed on the "Edit Space Details" screen. 

But you can't just type in some of the dialogs, you have to wait until Confluence responds and then pick the page from the pop-up.  And on a slow connection (like my test system) that can take a long time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events