Central acronym repository - would it be popular?

In all the organizations I have been part of, people end up inventing a bunch of three letter acronyms (TLAs! smile) that they casually throw around as if everybody else are intimately familiar with them, which is never the case. To counter this people set up competing acronym repositories.

If Confluence had a central repository (per client, obviously), just a simple list of terms and definitions, this could be used to populate tooltips whenever a TLA was used, see below.

Would it be popular? Is it worth the effort?

tooltip.png

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

There are solutions in the Atlassian Marketplace for use cases like this. One I haven't tried but am aware of is this one: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/fr.spectrumgroupe.confluence.plugins.glossary/server/overview

It appears to be a well-thought out and interesting approach. Might be worth evaluating!

But does Glossary populate tooltips wherever the added terms are used? That useful element appears to be lacking from their tool.

But what is the TLA for Confluence itself?

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 02, 2016

A little plug for our plugin wink – 

Keywords for Confluence allows you to define keywords, acronyms, abbreviations, and more at a Space or a Global level. It allows users to request new keywords as well. We're making great strides to produce a great product and would love to hear thoughts, concerns, desires, or needs.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.blackpearlpdm.keywords/server/overview

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

603 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you