Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Repository linking to all files

sam maka August 30, 2017
I am setting up confluence as a document repository. Inside each document there will links to images, word docs, and other documents. I want to be able to change any document and content or image in one location and then have any confluence document with links be able to access automatically the updated object. In summary; I want to hv all objects(images and others) in one location and then any confluence link on the left sidebar be able to open a document or template where where the links update automatically

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Sam, 

Have you considering storing your images and documents outside of Confluence, and linking to them from pages in Confluence?  For example, you could use Google Drive, OneDrive, or DropBox to manage your files, and use a plugin to link to those files inside of Confluence.  That would let you update the files in one place and have all the links updated automatically.  

samir August 31, 2017

Thanks Susan for you reply and suggestion.  I think this is one good option.  I had originally thought that using Confluence I cld crate a space or repository and keep everything in one system. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events