Capitalize first letter of new sentence

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi,

Can I set that Confluence should capitalize the first letter when starting a new sentence? This for text in pages and comments?

Thanks,
Patrick

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

As far as I know, confluence doesn't have any kind of autocorrect function so I don't think this is possible.

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Maybe a browser setting? On iPad and smartphone this seems to work.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Yes, outside confluence there might be something.

If you search for "chrome autocorrect" there are some descriptions about how it will or would work.

In Firefox I use a spell checker with different dictionaries but that only underlines mistakes but doesn't autocorrect them.

0 votes
Jakub Stejskal November 23, 2020

Can i get an update? Is it still not possible to change every sentence to begin with capital letter? (Something like fn+shift+F3 in word)

0 votes
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

During edit, like in Word or Outlook.

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Do you want to do it during edit - or after the page is saved / comment added?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events