Cannot stop Confluence sending an automatic email to a new user

Felicity Chapman February 27, 2013

When you create a new user in Confluence 4.3 there is an option called "Send an email to the user you have just created, which will allow them to set up their password." This option does not appear to work.

Even when I disable this option, the new user is automatically sent a message by the wiki. This is really annoying as I want to create logins for new customers, test that they see the appropriate spaces and only then send them details of their account.

Any ideas of ways to stop this email being sent?

1 answer

2 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

Hello Felicity,
I tried this out in Confluence 4.3 and found the same behavior where despite the box being unchecked the email was still sent out. I then tried this out in the latest release (5.0.1) and found the function to behave as it should and the email was not sent. With that in mind, I would adivse upgrading to 5.0.1 where this appears to be fixed. If upgrading is not an option then my next ideas would be either to block the email with a filter at the mail server level OR to use a different email when creating the accounts (aka, send them all to yourself or some bogus account upon creation).

Cheers,
Andrew Campbell

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events