Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make Mail Server to work

E__Capuano February 25, 2018

I cannot make SMTP Mail Server to work on Confluence but i can make it work with JIRA with the same server parameters. I have double checked the SMTP parameters for configuration and are all good, would you please give me some ideas on how to fix this, thanks a lot

ERROR RETRIEVED: 

An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.doSendWithMessageIdSupport(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:120)
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.send(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:79)
at com.atlassian.confluence.admin.actions.mail.SendTestEmailAction.execute(SendTestEmailAction.java:57)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi there,

Can you confirm what settings you currently have for your SMTP server? You don't need to include your username/password, just the provider. Are you using Gmail?

If so you can try the alternate settings available below. I've had a lot of luck with these in Confluence:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events