Cannot install Confluence through the web interface Edited

I am trying to install Confluence through the web interface.

Navigated to Administration/Applications/Versions & licenses, then clicked "Upload an application". In the pop-up I enter "https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.5.0-x64.bin" into "From this URL" field, clicked "Upload"

Once the progress bar is full, I get a red info panel with a message "Could not install the file https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.5.0-x64.bin. Check that the file is valid"

Did I miss something?

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 17, 2017

It sounds like you are installing Confluence as a Jira application. I understand why you would, since Jira and Confluence work together closely. However, Confluence is a standalone application, independent of Jira.

Please see our Confluence Installation Guide for details on how to install Confluence.

Got it. Like I was trying to install NGINX as an Apache module.

Thanks a lot!

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 17, 2017

My pleasure!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

583 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you