Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get edit permission for wiki page

Chris Rodgers August 17, 2014

Hi, I am a user of an atlassian wiki. I cannot find the "edit" link. The docs just say that it is at the "top of the page" but I can't find it. I have attached a screenshot. I contacted the site admin and he says I should have permission. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong, or how the site settings should be changed?

screenshot

edit: When I click on "Tools" -> Restrictions, I see "No view restrictions are defined" and "No edit restrictions are defined".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

From that display, I suspect your site admin is looking at the wrong place.

He needs to read the space permissions in full to see who has edit rights, check if you match the rules for who can edit, and then check the page is not restricted.

Chris Rodgers August 17, 2014

Thanks, I edited my question to include what I know about restrictions. I will try and find out what the space permissions are set to.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

That rules out the thought that the page might be restricted then! One down, just need to check your membership and space permissions now.

Chris Rodgers August 20, 2014

Fixed! Turns out I was in "confluence-users", but not the "users" group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events