Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Confluence to install. 7.13

Stephen Makk October 12, 2021

I am trying to install Confluence 8.13 on a Server 2016 system that has run Confluence OK for years.   Lost all my setup when upgrading 8.12 to 8.13.   Tried various ways of recovering old database and App, but am giving up.   Cannot even do a basic trial database installation.     I get a mostly blank screen as below when trying to start Confluence after first install.   See Confluence logo at top left and Atlassian logo at bottom, but nothing to click or enter.   URL is http://localhost:8090/setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action

Capture.JPG

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@Stephen Makk Did you do a fresh install on an empty database or are you pointing it to your old DB? 

Stephen Makk October 13, 2021

Old database exists, but I never got to the point where it asks whether to start a trial database or use a production database.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

@Stephen Makk What platform are you doing the install on?

Windows Server 2016

It is version 7.13 of Confluence.   Typo above.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

What browser are you using on the server?

Stephen Makk October 14, 2021

Tried Internet Explorer and Chrome.  Same result.

Eventually,  I just reinstalled from scratch and it worked.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2021

Any errors from log files?  Here's documentation of where to find the logs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf713/working-with-confluence-logs-1077914598.html

0 votes
Stephen Makk October 14, 2021

I consider the issue closed.  Got past it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events