Cannot edit pages created with new editor

Deborah Cross March 19, 2020

This morning I'm unable to edit any of pages I've created using the new editing experience. Doesn't matter which browser I try in.

The edit button works, puts the page into edit mode but then you can't place the cursor anywhere or type anything.

I wonder if this is related to my other problem where I couldn't edit titles of copied pages. I wasn't alone there, still waiting on Atlassian for help on that.

Anyone else having this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hi @Deborah Cross 

I had the same problem within the chrome browser. I found out, that in microsoft edge the edit functions are ok. Did you try with microsoft edge? 

The other thing is, that there is an open issue for confluence cloud:

Hope this helped.

Regards, Dominic

Deborah Cross March 23, 2020

Thanks Dominic - I've just finished up a call with our IT people - there was something in the new editing experience outside the range of IP Addresses they'd already allowed. We added some more whitelisting to the firewall and we can edit again.

So yes the problem was on our side, but it would seem there's something new from Atlassian in the new editing experience which is going to potentially cause problems for people who are very specific with their whitelisting. 

Like Dominic Lagger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events