Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit pages as admin or view them as user. Only $permission.userSubject.name can view this pag

Harm November 8, 2017

After upgrading to 6.5 (from 3.3.x) some pages in my Confluence space have incorrect permissions. They are not viewable by normal users and not editable by neither admins and normal users. When I open the page information of such page it says:

Restrictions from parent pages:

Page: (this page's title) – Only $permission.userSubject.name can view this page.

So somehow the page is a parent of itself and has some restrictions applied to it. I cannot find a way to remove those restrictions

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Harm November 12, 2017

It turned out I had to rebuild the ancestor table, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Rebuilding+the+Ancestor+Table .

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Thank you for following up on the Community so others can benefit!

Jayapradha A July 30, 2018

Rebuilding an anchestor table requires a downtime?

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2019

It doesn't but it can slow down the instance if it is a very large instance.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Hi there, Harm,

Since you upgraded from such an old version I opened a support ticket for you, so you could share your logs privately with Support and we could make sure the upgrade was completed successfully.

Our portal will email you the case number shortly.

Thanks,

Ann

Harm November 8, 2017

Thanks Ann. Version 3.3 was a mistake, sorry. I've actually upgraded from 6.3.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events