Cannot cut Excerpt macro in the editor

Christopher Yeleighton August 25, 2015

I would like to move an excerpt to a different place on the same page.  I open the page in the editor and I can drag the excerpt but dragging is slow.  I would prefer to cut and paste but it turns out that when I select the macro and cut, only the content of the excerpt is cut and not the excerpt itself.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

A marquee selection is fancy for click and drag:

Marquee select macro.gif

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Clicking the title bar of the Excerpt and cutting is working for me. You can also marquee select from just before the macro to just after it and cut as well.

Thank you. It turns out I can cut using the Edit menu but as soon as I press [Ctrl] to cut, the selection changes from the macro to the content of the macro.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2015

When I try, it works exactly as Milo described it. Did you try that? You don't need to open the Edit menu to cut and paste.

I do not know how to marquee select.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events