Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a uri link in wiki to start an im sip chat session

Steve Blomley December 1, 2017

Were running Confluence 5.6.5 and I'm trying to embed a link into a blank wiki page to start an im chat.

When embedded in a standard html5 page all that is required is:

<a href="im:<sip:tom@tge.eu><sip:dick@tge@the.eu>">start team chat</a>

And the browser happily launches the client as expected.

I cannot successfully place the href destination into a confluence wiki page.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Steve,

I enabled the HTML Macro on my instance and am inserting a URI (Skype, to be specific), and I was able to get it to open in Skype. Perhaps this would work for you?

I wasn't familiar with the im: URI so I couldn't test that one specifically, as I'm not sure which app I would need to have in order for it to work.

I wanted to let you know also you may want to consider upgrading your Confluence instance to at least 5.10.*, since 5.6.5 reached End of Life in 2016. Anything we suggest you here may not have worked in earlier iterations of Confluence.

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
GMK
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Steve confirmed that  provided solution with HTML macro works fine. 

How the future reference,  please be aware of possible security risks related to HTML macro: 

The HTML macro will only be available if it has been enabled by an administrator. Enabling these macros can make your Confluence site vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events