Cannot create a table in Confluence

Timo T September 17, 2012

Hey, mates :)

We're having trouble with creating simple tables in Confluence.

We use Confluence 4.0.7 and when I Edit a page and then click Table button all I can see is a black box changing it's size not a regular table. It occurs only with Internet Explorer 8 that we are mostly using (tried with Firefox and Chrome and all good).

I added a small pic of it too. Maybe anyone know if it's some disharmony between the versions of Confluence and IE or if it is some kind of other problem?

tim

3 answers

0 votes
Gajan UMAPATHY November 4, 2012

Our users are experiencing the same problem with IE8 on Windows XP using Confluence 4.2.1. Is there a fix for this?

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Does this behavior in showing a black box occurs only in creating tables? Because there is a known bug similar to this issue as we see here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24299

This only occurs for IE8, so try to disable the documenation theme and see if it works.

Timo T September 18, 2012

That's the weird part that it occurs only when klicking Table option. Paragraph, Insert etc options are displayed correctly.
And it seems that this problem appears to all the people in our company who use IE8. With IE9 and 10 all fine.

Timo T September 23, 2012

That's the weird part that it occurs only when klicking Table option. Paragraph, Insert etc options are displayed correctly.
And it seems that this problem appears to all the people in our company who use IE8. With IE9 and 10 all fine.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2012

Confluence 4.0.x supports Internet Explorer 8.

I'd be tempted to reset Internet Explorer to make sure there's nothing nasty messing with your browser.

Timo T September 24, 2012

Tried this too, didn't help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events