Cannot create a JIRA issue in confluence

UNAVCO December 2, 2014

I have not been able to configure Confluence so our community can create JIRA issues there. Is this an open Atlassian issue? 

3 answers

0 votes
UNAVCO December 3, 2014

Thanks for your responses. In our case, we needed to do the following:

The most important step was importing the *.int.unavco.org jira key into confluence's java cacerts file:

-scp root@jira.int.unavco.org:/etc/httpd/conf/ssl/int_unavco_org.crt /var/tmp/
-keytool -import -alias jiraCert -file /var/tmp/int_unavco_org.crt -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts (when prompted for a password here use whatever password you have).  However, if you're using keytool -list and are prompted for a password, you can leave it blank)

-restart confluence
-in confluence's "Application Links" click "Create new link" and follow the prompts.  This will also log into jira and create a reverse application link from jira to confluence
-now in confluence edit this application link, and in Incoming Authentication under the Trusted Applications tab hit Disable.  Do the same in jira.
ntp was not running on our instance of confluence, and thus its time was about 8 minutes behind jira.  I had to enable ntp, and update the time, before the application link would work.
0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

It's a built-in Confluence feature. Only thing you need to make sure is you have the relevant JIRA and Confluence versions: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/whats-new/jira-integration

user1647473884182 May 12, 2020

Hi,

That page doesn't exist (error 404). There is a jira-integration page under the confluence page but it doesn't say anything about which versions of Jira integrate with which versions of Confluence or not or if it doesn't matter (although it seems it might well).

Can you get Atlassian to sort out their links so they work? (I come across this problem of dead links quite regularly).

Thanks

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

The easiest way would be to use REST API. You can use HTML macro in Confluence to embed the Javascript and use JQuery (can reference it in Javascript, in Confluence as AJS.$) to make a AJAX call to create an issue in JIRA.

Of course the question about authentication remains open - as I am not aware what configuration you have for your JIRA/Confluence (kerberos, basic auth, etc)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events