Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access space settings because all permissions to view space were accidentally removed

Acacia Ho April 24, 2013

While going through defining permissions for spaces, right after deselecting all check boxes for both the administrators group and the developers group, I typed in a group to add to the permissions list and hit the enter key. However, the page registered hitting enter as Save Changes. Therefore, that space does not have any permissions associated with it so there is no way to get in to the manage permissions page and fix the mistake. Is there a way to set the space back to default mode to allow permission for administrators and developers group? I am an administrator for the confluence account. If I can have access to that space's manage permissions page, then I can make the changes that I had originally intended for that space.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

One way would be to modify the database directly. You can set permissions in the SPACEPERMISSIONS table.

Find your space ID using

SELECT * from SPACES

Find the perm id by running

SELECT * FROM SPACEPERMISSIONS WHERE SPACEID="your_space_id"

Then run

UPDATE SPACEPERMISSIONS SET PERMUSERNAME="your_user_name" WHERE SPACEID="your_space_id" AND PERMID="your_perm_id"

Actually you can even skip finding the PERMID and just run

UPDATE SPACEPERMISSIONS SET PERMUSERNAME="your_user_name" WHERE SPACEID="your_space_id"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events