Cannot access my Confluence Admin Tools - Users Management & Billing

Beetle Admin March 23, 2021

I used to have a paid Confluence account, but downgraded over a year ago when I didn't have to pay anymore due to only having 2 users.

One of those accounts was automatically removed today by Atlassian due to inactivity (annoying as this was a backup & testing account), and with the remaining account (that I use all the time) I cannot access the Confluence Space Admin Tools - Users Management & Billing.

When I go to https://admin.atlassian.com/ I get "You need permission - Request Access from your administrator". I can confirm that this is a "site-admins" account, but I have no idea how to edit these permissions as I get the "you need permission error" etc

I am the only account left on here, how do I get access to these specific Admin Tools now?

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Beetle Admin ,

you need to be Organization Admin to be able to get to those sections, see for example here for the basic explanation.

Could it be that the removed user was Organization Admin?

I would normally recommend you to contact Atlassian support, but since you're on free product plan, this option is not available...

Beetle Admin March 24, 2021

Yeah I think that's what's happened. I have worked out how to sign up to the Standard plan with the remaining user to try and see if I can get access to support to re-enable the disabled user / or give my remaining user organisation access. Failing that, I will probably have to download the entire Organisation and recreate it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events