Can you remove the ability to see the View Space Permissions under Space Admin?

We would not like our users to be able to add individual users to a space.  Is there a way to limit this or remove the ability to get to this section at all except for Confluence Administrators?

4 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Sep 09, 2016

This is not possible out-of-the-box.

There is no way to customize this in Confluence Cloud.

On Confluence Server you can customize the product in a few different ways.

1. You could add CSS or Javascript to your Confluence instance which could 'hide' (READ: Hide, not disable) the functionality. This should remain functional unless Atlassian dramatically changes the Space Permissions page. This has the potential to be 'user sensitive' so that Confluence Administrators could see it. (Javascript and Velocity can determine if the user is an admin, I think smile ) 
    1. This could be added via a simple plugin that provides the web-sources. <-Best
    2. This could be added via the Custom HTML or Stylesheet.
    3. This could be added via Customize Layouts, I think.
    4. This could be added by customizing the source files. <-You'd need to re-customize during each upgrade.
  2. You could override the spacepermissions.action with velocity to check their permission level.
    1. This could be via adding a plugin.
    2. This could be via customizing the spacepermissions.action file.

Sorry, but nothing simple. sad

Thank you so much for the answer.  Yeah seems a bit much...lol.  Seems like something that should be out of the box...I will put in a suggestion! smile

0 vote

Surely just control who is a space admin?

lol...Unfortunately we dont care that they admin their space, what does matter is access to these spaces.  Our security department likes to control access based on LDAP groups and those have to be managed outside of the tool.  So having the ability to add users inside the tool to spaces goes against their policy.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked May 24, 2018 in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

603 views 18 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you