Can you customise profiles in Confluence On-Demand?

SukM June 30, 2014

Hi, We currently have Confluence on-premise version 4.3.3. We are thinking of upgrading to Confluence 5 and are considering moving over to On-demand.

I have been trying to investigate the possibility of creating an expertise directory in which all staff can have a profile including detailed information about themselves such as their career history, their interests, expertise, languages they speak etc. I know that Confluence has a basic People Directory and that everyone gets simple profiles and I had been looking into the User Profile plugin to try and find a way to customise the profile fields to include the sort of information we want. However, I know that the User Profile plugin is not available for Confluence On-demand.

I was wondering what the profiles are like in the On-demand version? And whether there is any way to customise/expand the profile fields to include the level of detail we are after? If we can't use the existing profiles in Confluence we will have to purchase alternative software to create a separate directory.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SukM July 7, 2014

Thanks very much, that answers my questions.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014
0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2014

The only way to do this would be with an Atlassian Connect add-on. At this time, I don't believe such an add-on exists.

Another way forward would be to buy a hosted Confluence instance. AppFusions (as well as many Atlassian partners/Experts) could supply and migrate you to a hosted solution where you could installyour own add-ons.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events