Can you confirm the same "behaviour" with the @mention ?

UnessaAsbl March 18, 2019

Hello,

I'm currently investigating confluence (Last version - local server mode) with a 10 users licences before investing more into it (I'm not able to log a bug with this type of licence).

I have a strange problem with my local server instance with the @mention ability to notify a user.

If I go to a document in preview mode, I can add a tag comment, where I'm able to use the @mention and choose a user.

When I'm accessing the same document directly from the dashboard using the "last modification" list, If I add a tag comment I'm not able to use the @mention to notify a user. When typing the @ no user list is popping up. After that the @mention is not working anymore (page content, page comment, ...) until I refresh the page using F5.

Can you confirm this problem too, or I'm the only one with this problem ?

Regards,

Fabian C.

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hello there! Great to have you trying out Confluence Unessa.

As I understand, the user mention (@%user%) sometimes does not work, is that correct? Sometimes problems with mentions can be caused by an out of date index. We can try to reindex the instance and check if the issue persists:

1. Click the Cog Icon in the top right corner
  2. Select General Configuration
  3. Search for Content Indexing in the left hand side list
  4. Select the Content Indexing option
  5. Click rebuild

Notes:

This process can take some time, depending on your instance size. It is always a good idea to schedule a downtime for your instance while this happens.

Further, could you send us some information?

1. Would it be possible for you to send us a screenshot of when you are able to mention someone? Of your whole Confluence page, not just the comment.
  2. A screenshot of when you are not able to mention someone. Also whole confluence page

These can help me understand where exactly the error happens and then, try to replicate it locally!

A few more questions!

1. Is this present if you try using other browsers?
  2. Which browser were you using when this happened?
  3. Does this happen with other users as well?
  4. Are you able to mention users when editing a page?

Looking forward to your reply Unessa!

UnessaAsbl March 20, 2019

Hello great to have a feed back from you !

Tx you.

As suggested I tried

reindexing content
Chrome/Edge/Firefox/IE
Changing default user interface language to english (I'm in french)
The problem is persisting.

But I think I have spotted something :

1) When I go to a page and try to use the @%user% in the comment zone it works well, not error spotted by chrome.
ConfluenceDebug1.png

2) When I to the file attached with the page in preview mode, still no error

ConfluenceDebug2.png

3) The moment I click and the answer box on the file comment, a JS error is raised and the @%user% stop working
ConfluenceDebug3.png

4) If I go back to the page, the JS error is still present, and now the @%user% is not working inside the page comment zone (Where it was working previously)
ConfluenceDebug4.png

Forcing a page refresh or going into edit mode on this page make the JS error to go away, and make the @%user% working again.

Hope you can manage to narrow what's going on, and what I could do about it.

Regards, and tx you for your help.

Fabian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events