Can you check out your confluence wiki content?

Kenneth Dombrowski December 2, 2015

I used confluence at a previous job & liked a lot about it, but it drove me nuts that you couldn't check out your wiki content and edit it locally with a real text editor.

At my current job they were already using Bitbucket for the mercurial support, and I migrated them from GitHub to JIRA for issue tracking because I love the Kanban board and the integration with Bitbucket, but left the wiki content there as up to now I have been the only heavy user.

Now I am beginning a data warehousing project that requires collaboration with business users, and it makes sense to depend on the Atlassian user database.

Before I change over, though, I'd like to know: is it still the case that you cannot check out your wiki content & edit it locally?  

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

What enterprise level wiki lets you do this natively? I wonder why you expect it as if it's supposed to be a feature.

Your options are to use the Webdav functionality or to try out the open-source Road Runner app –  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rr/server/overview.

0 votes
Kenneth Dombrowski December 3, 2015

Thanks for the ideas Steve, I will look into both of those.

In addition to being able to use an editor, the work offline benefit is also pretty huge for me; I find travel time to be much more conducive to writing docs than writing code.

It is supported in several open source wikis I use or have used, and github.  It is just a feature that I find useful enough to be important to me, so I look for it when I consider a new wiki.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events