Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use different database types for Jira and Confluence?

Stephanie Menteer July 22, 2013

We use an Oracle database for Jira. We are getting ready to install Confluence, and we want Jira and Confluence to work together. Do we need to create a separate Oracle database for Confluence? Can the Confluence database be some other type?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2013

Yes, the systems really don't care if the other one is running a totally different database.

You do want them separated and running in different areas though. The mysql install I've got here has one area for Jira and one for Confluence. Only one SQL service running, and if I need to dig through the data, I log in and then have to use "use jira" or "use confluence" to swap between them.

The only time you might struggle is if you rig up Confluence to read Jira's database for its users. You'll need to install two database drivers - one to read the Confluence database, and one to read the Jira. Just a case of being careful with the config though - once you get it running, it'll be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events