Can we restrict access to Confluence that are not "licensed" users?

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

4 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

Hi Amanda,

Go into the Permissions for the Space.  Remove the "View" option for Anonymous Users.

The Atlassian instructions on changing space permissions are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2016

I believe that by default, a new Space will not have Anonymous Users enabled i.e. only people with specific User accounts that have been granted access to the Space can see the Space.

i.e. it is a specific Administrators decision to add Anonymous Users to the set up of the Space

0 votes
Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2016

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, we wold like to make our Confluence space private so that only registered users can access the specific space. I see there are "licensed users" and "anonymous users."  We do not want the general public to access the space, however, we do want to restrict access to only those users that we approve.  

Amanda

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2016

Amanda, you're trying to make your Confluence open for not licensed users or closed? If both my suggestions are wrong, please let me know what is your intention.. thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events