Can we import a space in parts?

younoos August 5, 2020

Exported a space and package size is 18.2GB from a Confluence site and while import it in another confluence site, it failed after 90% of import with some attachment error. I do not have access to logs in the server. 

Can we export the package in pieces say 4 or 5 in source Confluence and then import it in the target Confluence. If so, how it can be?

1 answer

0 votes
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

I read this wrong, ignore my initial comment. 

When exporting a space in parts, I don't think there's an easy way to do this. Hypothetically the closest you can get is to manually split the space into parts, export the parts, then merge them back together in the new instance.

younoos August 5, 2020

Hi Heth

Thank you very much for your answer.

If I do custom export and made it 4 or 5 part of the exported package from source Confluence. But how can I import these parts in the target Confluence as they will have same space key.

Wouldn't this prevent me to do import repeatedly?

You suggested merge them together in the new instance, can you please let me know how it can be done.

Note: Creating package at source Confluence either a single big package (~18GB) or 4 or 5 parts of packages can be handled however, while importing how can do import with these pieces of packages?

Thanks

Younoos

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

I would break the spaces up into separate spaces by just simply moving the pages into new spaces with different keys designated just for this move; KEY (original space), KEY1, KEY2, KEY3, etc. Then export those and import them with their adjusted keys, then move the pages back to the original space and delete the now empty spare spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events