Can we have similar plugins with different vendors installed in confluence

aravind1516 January 11, 2023

Hello, I just wanted to know if we can install a similar plugin which does the same work. For example can we have gliffy and drawio installed in confluence. Will there be any problems with this. If not can we go ahead and install both the plugins. Kindly let me if any body knows about it.

4 answers

1 vote
Carlotta Kuhn January 11, 2023

Hey @aravind1516 , like the others have said it shouldn't be an issue for those 2 plugins. draw.io saves its diagrams as attachments to the page so as long as the attachments aren't affected, then it will work just fine!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

I don't need to repeat the other answers, but there can be a problem technically with plugins "clashing".

If an app provides classes or functions with the same name as another app, or tries to inject UI changes into the same place as another, you can get problems.

However, it is unlikely to happen, and the two times I've seen it, the vendors of the apps spoke to each other about which one should change, one giving me the new build the same day I reported it!

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @aravind1516 , you can absolutely install similar plugins — it shouldn't be an issue to have Draw.io and Gliffy in the same instance. :) 

0 votes
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2023

Hi @aravind1516 ,

Sure, you can do that. But I would think twice if you really want to do that - why not have only one when they do the same? That might cause additional work for you in the future, if you decide to merge them to one, or overall managing them.

But depends on your use case of course. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events