• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can we exclude certain Confluence article content from syncing?

We currently maintain a healthy internal repository of content in Confluence that we are keen to expose to customers via our Zendesk Support Center.

In most internal 'how-to' articles however, there is content which would not be appropriate to share, e.g. the internal steps for configurations, checklists, links to internal systems etc. 

Let's say for example that we had an article in Confluence which describes (1) our data management policy (2) what info a customer should provide us in a request (3) our internal list of steps to be taken by our team in response to a request.

We would want to share (1) and (2) but not (3) via Zendesk.

We would also want to keep (1), (2) and (3) together in a single Confluence article to be referred to by the team.  Specifically, to avoid having to have a second (unshared) Confluence article with the internal data.

Would this be possible?

I'm imagining it might be something like <do_not_sync>...</do_not_sync> type tags.

2 answers

Oops.  Should have been posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations section.  How can I move this question?

Hey @David Leigh

Is it critical that all the content is kept on a single page, or could the different bits you want shared and not shared be on separate pages?

If they can be separated, I think you could have some more options. For example, on my team's app Scroll Viewport, you can add a label to those pages you don't want to be included in your help center. I would guess the app you're using to publish to Zendesk must have something similar.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

198 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you