Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we customize the Atlassian Companion message?

Deleted user August 22, 2019

Our users do not have admin privs on their systems and we need to direct them to another site to request the companion app that would then be pushed to their systems.

WE need to be able to put that information and a link to the site in the pop up that tells users they need the app to edit documents, but I don't see any way to do this. Is this possible?

thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hello Kip,

Thanks for coming to Community to share your interest in editing the Companion prompt for users. Currently, there is not a way to edit the notifications of the Companion app within Confluence. There is a feature request to change the prompt to notify users of required permissions. Here is the feature request: CONFSERVER-58660

Alternatively, you can add something to your landing page or create an internal KB to notify users of the requirement of the request before installing. While this is a workaround from what you’re needing, this would allow users to more easily find the information on how to install the Companion within Confluence.

I hope this information proves helpful.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Deleted user August 26, 2019

The landing page/header/sidebar messages quickly get cluttered. 

I voted and commented on the Jira issue. Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events