Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we collaborate on documents with our team members simultaneously?

Lisa Davy December 4, 2017

Hi,

I uploaded a powerpoint slide to confluence in file list and shared it with the team.  If we are in the same document at the same time, the last person who saves will have their version saved for the latest documents.  I do see my changes saved in the earlier versions of the doc, but people can overlay other team members changes if we happen to be in the doc at the same time. Is there a solution to this in confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Lisa,

The recent versions of Confluence itself has collaboration, i.e. you can collaborate on a single page in Confluence at the same time.

However, collaborating on a document using Office Connector is not possible. We do have a feature request for this: 

Please feel free to vote on it and watch it if you would like to receive any updates on that.

Regards,

Shannon

Lisa Davy December 7, 2017

Thanks for confirming. I had trouble voting for the CONFSERVER-52135, it looked like it was view only.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Lisa,

You'll need to login first, and then click Vote for this issue in the top right. I tested this with a non-Atlassian account and I can confirm it should work for regular users, so please try it and let me know if you have any trouble. To watch, you would do the same, click Start watching this issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events