Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the tab key be used to autocomplete an @mention?

Darren Bowen May 28, 2014

Is it possible to use the tab key to complete the currently highlighted item in the auto-complete drop-down? Currently pressing tab will cancel the autocomplete and leave the characters that you had typed. I would like it to work like the enter key, such that it completes with the currently selected item.

This is a common keyboard shortcut in programs which support auto-complete or intellisense, and therefore I frequently press it by mistake.

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2014

Hello Darren, currently that works through the down arrow in the keyboard, not sure if you are aware of that, changing this behavior would impact every user that is already acquainted to the down button, but may be worth a shot considering to create that through jira.atlassian.comas an improvement request.

More about Confluence shortcuts, after this link.

Darren Bowen May 30, 2014

Request added here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33824

I'm not sure that implementing the tab key functionality would mean that the down-key functionality would need to change, unless I've mis-understood the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events