Can't use Zen theme with my space

Jeffrey Lee June 20, 2013

I choose the Zen theme for one of my spaces and I get the following error:

Error occurred during template rendering: Invocation of method 'cssBundle' in class com.zenfoundation.theme.ZenTheme threw exception com.atlassian.core.exception.InfrastructureException: Error occurred rendering template content at theme/html/macros.html[line 242, column 30]. Contact your administrator for assistance.

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeffrey Lee July 22, 2013

The problem appears to be within the Breeze brand plugin. In order to fix the space, disable the Zen plugin. This will allow you to access the space. Switch the the theme to some other theme (I was left with documentation as the only unused one). Confirm that then switch back to global. This clears the Zen theme.

You can then re-enable the Zen plugin. At this point, I switched to Zen Intranet as the default plugin and changed the theme to Zen and it worked fine.

Jeffrey Lee July 22, 2013

I should add that along the way I uninstalled the Zen lightning plugin. The brand plugin is still in place.

0 votes
Jeffrey Lee February 4, 2014

Well, uninstall Zen, upgrade Confluence to 5.4.2, reinstall Zen seems to fix things. I'll hold my breath for a while while I develop some custom themes on a test site. If it appears stable, I'll stick with it, as it makes brand development relatively straightforward.

0 votes
Jeffrey Lee February 2, 2014

I'm going to first fully upgrade Confluence to get it current then install Zen again. If that doesn't work, I'll try the support team. However, this is one of those if troubleshooting takes too much effort, the tool isn't worth the trouble.

Also, if we can't nail down an actual cause and get it fixed, but rather magically get it working again, I'm going to drop it. There was nothing odd about my installation, and I can't have a situation where if I change the look and feel on a space have it rendered completely inaccessible. Even the risk that it might happen is a bit much.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

Maybe try Brikit support before tossing it out?

http://www.brikit.com/display/brikit/Welcome

Cheers,

Ann

0 votes
Jeffrey Lee February 1, 2014

FWIW, I just was playing with yet another space with another Zen plugin and it broke again. I'm thinking that Zen is so utterly unreliable that I'll probably just toss it out altogehter.

0 votes
yusuf_ekin_guvencoglu June 26, 2013

I'm also getting same error, does anyone know the solution? thanks

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013
Can you confirm you installed the latest version of the plugin? This could be the reason for this issue.
Jeffrey Lee June 21, 2013

I'm also not gettng an "update available" indication.

Jeffrey Lee June 21, 2013

I'm at 5.2.8 for Zen Foundation, 1.0.3 for Intranet, and 1.0 for Lightning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events