Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share draw.io diagrams across spaces

Joel Taylor October 24, 2018

I've created a set of diagrams using draw.io in my personal space and am trying to share these in a shared project space.

In the shared space, using the Embed draw.io macro, I'm able to browse and select the diagrams created in my personal space, add them to the page, save the page, and view the diagrams without issue.

However, no one else is able to view them; they only see an endless loading animation.

Is there someway to allow this sharing across spaces to happen? Or is this a restriction of the plugin?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Is your personal space accessible by others?

No, it's not

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Then this is the answer. Others can not see the diagram because they do not have the permission.

So I need to give access to the page that the diagram is on? Or do I need to give access to the entire space to view the diagrams within the space?

Is there a way to grant permissions to view the diagram itself?

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2018

Space permissions have priority over page permissions. If someone has no permission to see a space it does not matter if he has permissions to page in that space or not.

You could give others permissions to your space and restrict view permission to the pages they should not only to you. But the pages with the diagram need to be accessible by them.

Or you copy the diagram from your space to the other space and then link to these diagrams within the other space.

Ok, thanks, Thomas.

I think it was confusing where the permissions on the diagram reside, but the copying approach and referencing the external diagrams in my space would work.

Jerry A_ November 20, 2019

thanks for sharing this information about permissions - it can be tricky to share.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events