Can't see the title and body of confluence pages when editing them

Vincent Pigott September 4, 2020

Just installed Confluence Server 7.4.1 and when we go to edit a Confluence page, there is no field for the title or for the body to edit.  The Chrome DevTools console gives a few errors:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET 200

Error: confluence-inline-tasks/task-report-bp missing confluence-inline-tasks/space-page-picker-shim

Uncaught TypeError: p.auiSelect2 is not a function

Is there anything we can try for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2020

Hello @Vincent Pigott !
As I understand, you recently installed Confluence 7.4.1 and both the page body and title are not present when editing a page.

With this behavior in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here we go:

1. Is this happening when you edit any page in Confluence?
  2. Is this happening when you create new pages?
  3. Is this happening when you try to edit pages using another browser?
  4. If you happen to have browser addons, what happens if you deactivate them and then try to edit the page?
  5. Do you have a proxy in your environment?

I have seen this behavior in the past. The times I dealt with this, the behavior was caused by a browser addon interfering with the page content. In more “technical” cases the issue was a result of a poorly configured Proxy. The two most rare causes for this were Confluence customizations and upgrades.

As next steps, I suggest that you disable any existing Browser addons. If that yields no results, try to use another browser or the same current browser in anonymous/incognito mode.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events