Can't publish a Blog Post on-Demand Version

Arun Makkath August 11, 2013

Hi,

Since today we are not able to add a blog post to a given Space. I cross checked the persmision and notice that everybody has view persion and I have Admin rights on the space which includes adding blog. Another colleague of mine ran into the same issue.

Use case

1. Click Create button. Chose Blog entry.

2. Blog Entry page opens and enter data for the blog.

3. Click publish and you get re-directed to Page Not Found with below details

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

We re-checked the global persmissions and Space Permission, everythings seems fine. Users have options to create and view blogs. Only Admin have right to delete blog. This happens on multiple spaces.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arun Makkath August 18, 2013

The issue is resolved after the issue JST-72629 was resolved.

0 votes
Arun Makkath August 12, 2013

We still have the issue. So I created an issue JST-72629.

Another point to add was that a notification email is received by everybody who is watching the space/blog content. The URL in the notification email ends up with the same Page Not Found page.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

This could be the following bug that was introduced in this week's Confluence upgrade:

This can happen if users that were watching a space or page are deleted. Confluence fails to send out notifications to these deleted users and the transaction is rolled back. You will need to contact Support to have this fixed up.

We're currently working on rolling out a fix for this (probably later today), so be sure to test the problem still exists before raising the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events