Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't @mention new employee

John Thomas March 31, 2021

We cannot @mention one of our new employees in Confluence Cloud.

He is setup like all others in GSuite, Confluence, and Jira, but his name won't appear in the user list when we try to @mention him in Confluence. It does work in Jira, though.

I don't know if it matters, but his email address was used by a previous employee in years past.

What can we do to get his name to show up?

2 answers

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

@John Thomas There's a suggested solution in this post here (3rd answer down by Antonio, seemed to work for a few users) :

- insert this user temporary on global permission (all permission)

- try to mention user

- remove this user on global permission (all permission)

Thank you, Callum. I went to Global Permissions and I cannot find a way to add individual users, only groups.

Under Space Permissions > Individual Spaces > Manage Permissions (for a Space) > Individual Users, this user does not come up as an option.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Thank you, Vero. I see the user in the People Directory but it only shows him having access to Trello, even though he has Confluence and Jira and is included in the confluence-users, jira-software-users, and jira-users groups.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events